I have always been a girly girl and a sucker for anything pretty, so the embroidery trend is right up my street. And I don’t think I am the only one buying into embroidery this Spring as the highstreet is full of it at the moment.
I have indulged in a few pieces this season from Primark, New Look and H&M, but my favourite has to be this stunning top from Zara. I bought this during a trip to Hong Kong and it caught my eye as soon as I entered the shop – it was also one of the only things that would fit me as Asian sizing was most definitely not made for people of my shape.
I love to team my embroidery up with a plain outfit, but I also think it looks great when people team the feminine nature of the style with different textures and more boyish shapes.
So here are my top tips on how to wear it this season.
- Team an embroidered denim jacket with a pair of white jeans or leather trousers and a baggy vest top. Add a small statement bag with a gold chain strap to keep it classy.
- Wear a crisp white shirt and embroidered puff sleeves with a pair of faded jeans – I would avoid rips as it takes away from the detail on the shirt.
- For a more subtle look choose a top with embroidery on the collar and wear it under a baggy jumper with tight jeans. Add some chunky bracelets or a statement watch and you will be ready to impress.
- Team a plain and simple day outfit with a embroidered bomber jacket – silk looks best but I have seen a few pretty sassy velvet ones too.
- If the whole look isn’t for you then why not buy an embroidered bag instead. Keep your outfit classic in monochrome and choose a bright, statement bag with roses or other bright appliques.
And if you are feeling really stylish (and creative) why not upcycle something you already have with these iron on patches from H&M.
I would love to see how you are all wearing your embroidery – tweet me your pics @spinkdot
MY TOP BUYS